Cultural Wine Tour
We invite you to learn about Colchagua Valley, whose history of wine production is reflected through the independent wine producers that have lived here for over 60 years. You will visit estates named ‘communal patrimonies’ where the proprietors lived and shared stories about legends and myths within their community.
The 2 settlements you will visit include Patagua and Nancagua which are about 10 – 15 minutes by car from Red del Vino’s office.
You will also visit a famous museum in Colchagua called Huique. Here you will take a peek into the lifestyle of Chile’s rich and famous during the 19th-century. This estate was owned by the Errázuriz family who eventually donated their estate to Chile. It opened to the public as the Museo San José del Carmen in the 1990’s and is now the only remaining estate of its kind.
Duration: Approximately 4 hours
Tour Hours: 10:00 am only
– Visit 2 settlements in Colchagua Valley
– Spanish tour guide
– Video (5 min) about Red del Vino before the tour.
– The tour includes a tasting of 2 wines
– A delicious barbecue lunch overlooking the vineyards
– Tour San Jose del Carmen El Huique Museum
Cost per person:
– $40.000 pesos / $68 US Dollars (approximately)
– Payment due at beginning of tour.